Monday, May 26, 2014

Back to the basics!!

I feel a bit like I am in a rut. After my 65th birthday I need a change in the workout routine. Working out 5 times a week though only 30 minutes per session, it still can get old.

So its back to basics for me,,,for awhile. Here is my new ....old...plan.

3 set of 5 reps each  alternating days with a rest day between.

Squats, Deadlift, Bench presses.  
The squats were a problem because of a rotator cuff  issues I could not hole the barbell across my shoulders.
So I opted for the standing squat machine. This has pads over your shoulders, so no arms needed to hold it.

Started light..85 lbs, then 105lbs, then 125lbs for each exercise


Next day will be squats, rowing, barbell curls, overhead presses.


Hope for some added interest in this and some r-e-s-u-l-t-s!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comment. Approval is required by the blogger.